Thursday, May 17, 2007

SITREP

Work's been mad these last few weeks. When I get home I only have the intellectual (ha!) capacity left to pop open a video game or tear open my netflix DVD. Items:

*Joyful sob!*

- The current project finishes end of the month. The latest trailer has been taking the fanboy community by storm today -- discuss amongst yourselves. People are getting pretty excited, but I continue to caution folks to keep expectations realistic. Whether that's true trepidation or the shrewd management of expecations is up to you. I may be in it -- I was in some extras shoots. I also got a chance to work on a shot, which I believe went really well.

- It's my general feeling that this is the year that over- and under- rated film franchises of the recent years will come into balance with their true quality. SM and Shrek have always been incredibly overrated in my mind (not bad, just overrated), and it seems that this is the year they will finally be viewed as such. On the other hand PotC has been a little underrated recently in my mind, especially P2, and I'm expecting critical consensus to jibe a little better with public perception for P3. SM3's BO has been dropping precipitously, and I expect Shrek to do the same.

- I've finally gone through with signing up for b2b, that annual event designed for drunk, naked people that like to run/wander aimlessly across a 12 km course through SF. I've actually been training semi-consistently for this, but I'm still not sure how serious I'll be when I run it. On the one hand it's my first time, so maybe I should just walk most of it and take it all in. On the other, I'm pretty curious what kind of time I could make, especially since they now give you these tracking chips.

- 300, which is what we've come to call my new apt based on the rent, is almost ready for move in. With a little help from blee I hope to have my HD tv set over there for HD cable installation on Saturday morning. I've learned an awful lot about plumbing and floor finishing these last few months, as well as just how inept people can be about these things. I hope to be in there by the end of the month or early June.

- I am positively burning out! I've scheduled a full 1 month vacation. I will be visiting relatives on the Mom's side in Taiwan for two weeks, and then spend another two wks futzing around in the US, maybe taking a road trip up to see some friends in the midwest. I may try to swing by HK while I'm in TW. That would be something I'd arrange while I'm over there if I find myself with the spare time.

No comments: